Chef de Cuisine
Chef de Cuisine is responsible for creation of menus and standard recipes maintain and control production of the highest quality products, supervising the Colleagues in efficient manner, strive to keep the working hours to the most efficient. Without compromising quality, maintain hygiene and safety standards as per company guidelines. Create a departmental culture of motivation, team spirit and creativity.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities.
What you will be doing:
- Direct and supervise the preparation and production of all dishes and ensure that they comply with the prescribed recipes and specifications.
- Undertake regular checks on the quality of all food items and recommended improvement when necessary.
- Develop a presence in your designated restaurant. Each evening visit the restaurant and meet with guests. Promote Dining destination.
- Determine the required mice-en-place in each section and check the store requisitions. Sign off on prepared requisitions by subordinates.
- Create the menus and produce recipes with Executive Chef. Prepare sample tasting for management when required.
- Review the sale of dishes. Suggest and implement changes to the menu items according to customer’s demand and the availability of seasonal ingredients for supervisor’s approval.
- Monitor the proper handling and storage of all produce to keep spoilage to a minimum.
- Drive Daily Taste Panel to ensure FB team and Culinary knowledge is challenge daily to ensure great guest experience.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum three years’ experience as a Chef de Cuisine, in fine dining and Ultra luxury hotel/resort.
- International Experience is a must.
- Great Skills knowledge to be able to teach young colleagues
- Great Knowledge of Indonesian & Mediterranean authentic flavor
- Great understanding of western cooking technique skills
- Knowledgeable on current market situation including hotel and tourism trends