The CO+I Commissioning team is responsible for managing the end-to-end delivery of new data center capacity for CO+I. Through development of leading program management and construction processes, this team is chartered with managing workflow across vertically and horizontally aligned project managers and virtual teams to successfully deliver multi-million-dollar, multi-year data center construction programs. As a Regional Commissioning manager, you will work with data center architects, engineers, construction managers, network engineers, data center operations teams and finance teams in order to streamline and improve delivery of data center capacity. You will execute against scope, schedule, and budget to deliver the latest generation of datacenter technology to Microsoft’s Online Services. You shall be responsible for ensuring that the project is commissioned in accordance with Microsoft’s standards and directly manage the process for projects in the Southeast Asia (SEA) region and support other Commissioning Projects in other Regions.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Construction QA/QC
- Project Management
- Data Center Commissioning
- Data Center Operation and Maintenance
- Understanding of UPS systems, switchgear, generators, and critical mechanical systems
- Able to develop and write detailed Commissioning Scripts
- Issue identification and resolution management
- English Language skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio, MS Project, MS TEAMS
- At least 5 years’ experience in Data Center facility maintenance, operation, construction and/or commissioning
- Degree/Diploma required – BSEE, Associate in Engineering Technology or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical Test Equipment
Preferred, not required:
- Commissioning Certification
- OSHA 30 or equivalent qualification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Reports to the CO+I SEA Sub-Region Commissioning Lead.
- Primary responsibility for APAC Southeast Asia region commissioning projects in Indonesia and with secondary responsibility for all other CO+I commissioning projects.
- Create and/or maintain best practices to identify and incorporate quality and cost-effective solutions.
- Manage the contracted Commissioning Agent assigned to a Data Center construction Projects in APAC Southeast Asia region.
- Development of Commissioning Procedures and Standards.
- Construction site inspections to review QA/QC and commissioning process.
- Drive the project Commissioning process including scope and schedule.
- Travel required.
- Regularly reviews Construction Progress, QA/QC, Commissioning progress, issues, and KPI metrics to report to management.
- Coordinate meetings and activities of vendor project managers including integration of lessons learned.
- Manage client representatives and partners to define and align on scope, schedule, and budget.
- Attend scheduled owner/architect/contractor (OAC) and other project meetings, and report as necessary.
- Report Project Progress on scope, schedule, and budget weekly or as required.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and reporting on scope, schedule of the Commissioning Process for CO+I Projects.
- Manage the Commissioning process for APAC Southeast Asia region Projects.
- Reporting of the Commissioning process to management on a regular basis.
- Work independently in support of the CO+I Program.
Strategy and Development
- Manage data center commissioning project delivery strategy in alignment with the CO+I road map strategy.
- Refine practices/policies and develop methods/techniques for driving solutions including development of commissioning procedures.
- Provide input to long-term delivery strategy and incorporates requirements into the project execution plans.
- Vendor Management and contract compliance
- Provide Vendor oversight and performance management (Scorecard driven).
- Preparation of RFP’s, PER’s, and other project approval tools & templates.