HappyFresh is the leading e-grocery delivery company in South-East Asia. With headquarters in Jakarta – Indonesia, we embrace work-from-home and we encourage our teams (“HappyFreshers”) to work in the way that makes them more productive. Our operations have expanded to eight cities in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Every day, our team delivers the freshest, highest quality groceries to thousands of customers in South-East Asia’s major cities.
At HappyFresh, we build to deliver a simplified life.
We believe that when you create a product for everyone, you have to involve everyone. That is why at HappyFresh, we value inclusion over elitism, skills over credentials. We give talented people the opportunity to join and grow with us regardless of their backgrounds and we’re always on the lookout for exceptional talent.
About the role:
- As the Head of Data in HappyFresh, you will lead a passionate data team comprised of Data Engineers, Data Analysts and BI Analysts. You will have the opportunity to explore petabytes of data from multiple sources and use advanced data science techniques to tackle a wide range of challenging business problems. In addition, you will have the chance to play around with the latest tech stacks used in modern tech companies.
- This position will report directly to the Chief Product Officer.
- About your responsibilities:
- Build and develop a data team consisting of data engineers, business intelligence analysts, and data analysts.
- Manage individual performance and guide personal development in 1-on-1 meetings.
- Oversee the day-to-day operational works of the data team. This includes prioritization, workload management, and project management.
- Be the main point of contact with the senior management to align data team initiatives with the strategic company objectives.
- Build and communicate policies to maintain the quality of data deliverables and to keep an optimal workflow of the team.
- Coordinate with data engineers to design a scalable data infrastructure to process high volumes of raw data into actionable business insights.
- Maintain high-quality standards of data analysis reports to support critical business decisions.
- Manage data quality and data definitions to guarantee trustworthy data reports for business stakeholders.
- Explore and assess new data science tools to continuously improve the existing data workflow.
- Be always on the lookout for new opportunities to leverage data to deliver business impacts.
- Advanced degree in quantitative or scientific disciplines.
- Min 5 years experience working in analytical or data science fields.
- Min 3 years experience as a people manager.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts to non-technical persons.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, capable of clarifying ambiguous business problems and coming up with effective strategies to break them down and address them.
- Strong leadership, willing to work in a collaborative environment while supporting and empowering the team member.
- Having a growth mindset with strong willpower to overcome any challenges.
- Strong understanding of the best practice to build a robust and effective end-to-end data science pipeline.
- Experience in managing medium to large-scale projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Previous experience working in e-commerce industries is a plus.
- Knowledge in project management frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban is a plus.
- About our compensation package:
- A chance to work with our experts across product, marketing, logistic, pricing and more with room to learn every day while you #OwnYourImpact towards the business.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee discount when shopping with our app.
- Generous insurance coverage for both inpatient and out-patient.
- LinkedIn Learning access for all courses for Career and Personal Development.
- Remote work environment.
- Competitive annual paid leave.
- HappyBenefits: allowance provided to HappyFreshers for health activities and health-related items.
- HappyFit: a free & fun exercise time along with HappyFreshers taught by professional trainers.
- HappyMind: a psychological consultation program with experts Clinicians, to keep your mental health on track.