Get to know the team
The Strategic & Planning team is an established team which sits within the Business Operations team. We make an impact by diagnosing complex problems and develop compelling, data-driven recommendations to our team. Our team is a diverse team who share the same passion in solving business problems. If this is something you are interested in doing, then you should join our team!
Get to know the role
As a lead market analyst, you will be responsible to build the team and processes needed to ensure GrabMart stays competitive in the market in the right way. Not only you will be responsible to provide insight and monitor GrabMart competitiveness, but you will also be responsible to provide insight and run strategic initiatives that need to be done to ensure the business competitiveness. In the process it is expected to implement quantitative and qualitative analyses to drive decisions and make recommendations. We believe the successful candidate can bridge high-level regional strategy and local execution components effectively to continuously understand and incorporate our customers’ needs in Financial, People and execute on the recommendations swiftly while outserving our customers.
The Day-to-Day Activities
- Provide insight on the market competition landscape in various aspect ranging from price, promo, assortment availability, key merchant availability, as well as product features.
- You lead lean action workout sessions with business stakeholders, facilitate brainstorming sessions to identify gaps and chart out an improvement action plan
- You must collect data on your own unit as well as liaise with data team in order to build complete quantitative and qualitative insight on the business competitive landscape.
- Monitor all relevant metric and information regarding competition and alert business leaders on any new major movement from competitor and provide recommendation on counter measure
- Build weekly report on competitiveness status and improvement progress overtime
- You have Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility
- You have a Bachelor’s / Master’s degree with a strong academic record
- You have working experience working in top strategic consulting companies / retail industry
- You have prior operations & start-up experience
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office(Powerpoint, Excel), Google Suites
- You can use data to identify trends and tell a story
- You are organised, insightful and can communicate your observations well, both written and verbally, displaying rigorous financial, analytics and strategic thought
- You have experience in communicating high-level strategy details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organisations, including senior leadership
- You are adept at managing complex processes and navigating through ambiguous and quick turn-around situations
- You are willing to travel within ASEAN
- Your prior experience of 4 to 7 years of retail and ecommerce will be an advantage, and you will be considered for Manager position. If you have more years of experience, you may be considered for Senior Manager position