Get to know the Team:
Grab Engineering Indonesia is a thriving product and platform center of excellence, strategic headquarters for a wide array of Grab’s development teams building the next generation of Grab’s mobility and e-commerce ecosystem. The site has ownership over mission-critical, full-stack solutions that are deployed across the entire SEA region, working in close collaboration with our global development centers, and is instrumental in bringing the hyperlocal perspective and focus that enables us in Grab to pursue our mission of driving Southeast Asia forward by creating economic empowerment for everyone.
Get to know the Role:
As a Head of Engineering and Site Leader, you will take the lead of a dev center of 100+ engineers (and growing), partnering with a robust leadership team already in place to create and sustain the best conditions for the team to thrive and generate the largest impact region-wide.
You will be a champion of engineering excellence, customer-centric agile delivery, DevOps, and an ambassador of Grab while engaging with the local communities and partners. You will play a key role in establishing Grab’s tech brand in Indonesia and in acquiring, onboarding, and growing the team’s capabilities and leadership roles. You will be instrumental in connecting and networking the team with the broader Grab organization while being a trusted advocate and gatekeeper of Grab’s culture across the organization.
The day-to-day activities:
- Strategize across functions and engage with the entire team to plan and deliver profound impact towards consumers, merchants and drivers.
- Set the highest bar for culture, engineering and product delivery excellence across the site.
- Mentor, coach and develop the full potential of your team’s talent as well as your peers.
- Craft and implement the holistic talent acquisition and retention strategy for Grab
- Engineering Indonesia.
- Engage and support as servant leader your peers and partners as #onegrab.
- Solid 10+ years experience in building and leading to success scaled, full-stack engineering organizations of 50+ people.
- Min Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university
- Experience working in a regional organization with offices across different countries and cultures and facilitating collaboration across these different teams.
- Significant experience in the development and deployment of large scale, highly available web and mobile applications.
- Deep understanding of cloud-first infrastructures and devops delivery workflows.
- Sharp functional range, keen and effective in engaging and raising the bar across the engineering, business, product and HR domains – amongst others.
- Uncanny ability to develop, mentor and coach engineers, leaders and peers from diverse domains.
- The backbone of a cultural role model, based on unshakable humility and empathy coupled with radical ownership, a bias for action and a passionate commitment to engineering excellence.
- Outstanding communication skills including the ability to communicate and present both at technical and non-technical levels, in both English and Bahasa.
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or similar.