We are seeking entrepreneurial and passionate Category Managers to own the Dry Goods Grocery for Grab Mart’s dark stores business.
The day to day activities:
1. P&L ownership
- Full P&L responsibility for the category you own including revenue, margin, wastage & other P&L levers.
- Identify and capture auxiliary revenue opportunities
2. Assortment Management
- Understand customer expectations and develop assortment strategy to best serve customer requirements while meeting business objectives
- Execute on the assortment plan by identifying suppliers, negotiating pricing and terms, and onboarding products to our assortment at a rapid pace.
- Work closely with merchandisers to accurately forecast demand and ensure a high availability rate through careful planning and de-bottlenecking supply issues.
- Work closely with the operations team to manage wastage.
3. Pricing & Promotions
- Optimize pricing and promotions to maximize the top line as well as the bottom line.
- Build competitive intelligence and ensure Grab is able to provide the best in class offering to its customers
- Work with FMCG companies to secure brand funded promotions and advertising investments
4. Provide cross-functional support to:
- Help to design systems and processes to minimize time spent on day-to-day tasks and allow more time for strategic thinking
- Work closely with growth and marketing teams to ensure our offerings are clearly communicated to our customers.
The must haves:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top undergraduate institution.
- A track record of driving meaningful impact in fast-paced enterprises / new-age technology companies
- 5-7 years of experience in a business role in e-commerce companies / top tier consulting firm/strategy or route-to-market teams of multinational FMCG companies
- 2-3 years of experience in category management or merchandising is preferred
- Insightful understanding of the Indonesian grocery market will be a plus
- MBA preferred