Get to know the Role
We are searching for a Budget Analyst to support the Budget Controller Manager to oversee the spending, guarding P&L figure, and do rigorous cost-control of GrabCar, GrabBike, GrabExpress, and GrabKios for the western part of Indonesia. This role will be under the business operation division and they will be exposed to various stakeholders from city operation, finance & accounting, financial planning & analysis, strategy & planning, as well as business director. If you are comfortable with numbers, have a high sense of attention to detail, and are able to maintain relationships with various levels of stakeholder, then this role is for you!.
- Reporting : Provide business performance updates to leaders and compare it against budget.
- Analysis : Rigorous revenue vs cost analysis by area and by vertical. Not limited to adhoc project based cost analysis/financial modelling. Giving further suggestions on how to improve on cost effectiveness is also crucial.
- Controlling : Track the overall spending for each division and strategic projects in order not to be over budget.
- Budgeting & Forecasting : Support the budgeting & forecasting from the operation side to be submitted to the Financial Planning & Analysis team.
- Month-End Closing : provide accrual needed to the accounting team and identify potential cost savings to be reflected in the P&L.
- Business Partnering : act as the central point of contact related to the budget/spending for the western part of Indonesia. Maintain close relationships with various stakeholders from operations until accounting team.
The Must Haves
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics/Business/Other quantitative major
- 1-2 years of work experience in cost control/financial planning/accounting/business strategy/finance business partner. Fresh graduates with a strong academic background (min GPA 3.4) from reputable universities or have an internship experience are also welcome.
- Proficient in Ms Excel is a must as well as Word and PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of the profit and loss (P&L) concept. Having a fundamental concept of finance & accounting would be a plus.
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders across various levels of seniority
- Able to work independently and as a team with high level of attention to detail
- Have a high sense of business ownership and critical thinking
- Comfortable with numbers and large volume of data, including coping with the agility of start-up business environment
- Good English communication skill