- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in critical facilities management, including facility, technical, and team management.
- 5 years of experience as a Facilities Manager, Chief Engineer, or Operations Manager in a mission critical environment.
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Management, or Reliability Engineering.
- Experience with reliability centered maintenance and engineering.
- Experience communicating effectively with all levels of the organization, including executives.
- Ability to forecast resource requirements in a data-driven approach.
About the job
As a Data Center Technical Operations Manager, you will be involved in nearly every aspect of colocation operations of our electrical, cooling, and IT infrastructure. You will partner with the Google Data Center Engineering team, Hardware operations, Network Infrastructure and third-party data center vendors and operators. In this role, you will be representing the operations organization, and will be responsible to ensure operability, maintainability and reliability are critical criteria for Google assets.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Support site selection process through operational and technical knowledge.
- Perform operational assessment and risk analysis of third-party colocation sites.
- Own colocation sites facility operation within an area/region, with full accountability for this area tactically and strategically.
- Keep main stakeholders informed about current work and discuss strategic decisions and directions with them.
- Oversee technical and team leads through the successful completion of required maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair tasks to maintain equipment to our global standard.