The Head of Indonesia Corporate Communications will serve as a lead of integrated communications, working with the business and marketing teams to support our growing business while enhancing the reputation of the Walt Disney Company (TWDC) in Indonesia. This role includes external and internal communications, public affairs, strategic media relations and issues management.
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise. In the Asia Pacific region, the Company has operations that spans Media & Entertainment Distribution, Parks, Experiences and Products across Australia, New Zealand, Greater China, Japan, Korea, and Southeast Asia — focused on developing and producing content for DTC, theatrical and linear platforms.
- Develop and execute strategic, integrated communication plans to support our business goals in Indonesia and to enhance the corporate reputation of TWDC
- Establish strategic positioning of TWDC aligned with business goals
- Strategic communications advisor to the business team
- Design a proactive and targeted media relations and engagement program targeting the most influential press outlets and stakeholders
- Work closely with Disney+Hotstar publicity and marketing team on content promotion and targeted press engagement
- Proactively identify and manage potential issues and opportunities
- Provide Executive Engagement Support, including press outreach and speaking opportunities
- Work with senior executive teams and HR on internal employee engagement programs
- Identify and educate stakeholders, including allies, opinion leaders and 3rd party experts to support business objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Public Affairs, Communications, Journalism, Government, Broadcast Communications or other relevant areas.
- 12+ years of corporate communications experience dealing with leading brands, high profile government work or agency experience.
- Strong knowledge of the local media and consumer landscape; media and entertainment industry knowledge a plus
- Experience advising and working with senior business and government stakeholders
- Deep editor and stakeholder relationships in Indonesia
- Team player with experience working with virtual teams across markets and regions
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills (Bahasa and English)
- Issues and crisis communications experience.
- Demonstrated creative thinking and strong project management skills.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to influence and forge partnerships both internally (across Asia and the U.S.) and externally.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- High level of corporate professionalism, maturity and political savvy.
- The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.