Job Description Summary
- As a Lead Manufacturing Engineer, you are responsible for process changes and improvements along with driving safety and quality improvements and reducing costs. This role is associated with manufacturing process that will impact departmental operations and be responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures.
- GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
- Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
- Work with Production Associates to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance through Validation & Verification. Responsible for determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance.
- Develop new process and workstation designs to reduce cycle time and support the lean manufacturing initiative.
- Monitor and improve productivity, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and cost-conscious manner
- Troubleshoot production and packaging equipment
- Provide Technical support
- Specify and expedite planned maintenance routines on all production equipment and systems
- Co-ordination of manufacturing releases
- Lead Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
- Driving LEAN manufacturing implementation
- Provide safe processes that comply with all local and federal regulations. Assure that corrective actio
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree and 3 years experience or Associates Degree and 5 years experience or High School diploma with 7 years of experience in production, engineering or troubleshooting of PC/server based systems
- Understanding of QMS and testing procedures
- Good analytical and planning skills
- M.S. Degree in Engineering or Business
- Demonstrated ability to identify & implement best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to perform with high levels of ambiguity
- Previous Project Experience