Bukalapak is currently working remotely due to COVID-19. So, this role doesn’t require you to move at the time being.
At Bukalapak, we want to deliver a fair economy for everyone. Design takes a human-centered approach very seriously to make positive impacts to users and business. We’re on the mission to scale and sustain human-centered practice to empower our customer and capture value for our business.
We’re looking for a Head of Design in Investment, Financing, Payment and Virtual Product tribes who is able to define goals, direction and strategy, and also comfortable to work collaboratively. At Bukalapak, leaders show the way and empower the team. We look for those who love to grow the team, optimistic, and always seek a better way to do things. We love those who understand to put their ego aside and empathize with each other.
There will be 2 design managers and 1 research manager report to you. The design team has more than 10+ designers and researchers in Investment, Financing, Payment and Virtual. You will report to the AVP of Design.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Collaboratively building a roadmap by advocating the user needs and identifying the right problem to solve
- Making informed decisions and evaluate business model together with Head of Product, Head of Business, and
- Head of Engineering
- Guiding teams with the human-centered practice to achieve user outcomes
- Empowering, but you are ready to hands-on for a high critical project when necessary
- Converting user complaints into actionable projects to reduce the issue
- Growing teams with constructive feedback, coaching, and setting a clear expectation
- Contribute to the growth of the overall Product Design discipline in the company
Tools we use:
- Figma, Miro, JIRA, Confluence, Google Suites products, and of course our pen and paper
- A portfolio demonstrates the practical experience of human-centered practice to bring user needs and real impact to the business
- Clear thinking process to identify context and dismantle the complex problem
- Knowledge of co-creation with multidisciplinary teams
- Great storytelling skills to articulate the point and the “why” behind your decisions
- Experience in leading teams in a multidisciplinary environment; ours includes UX Researcher, Product Designer, and Content Strategist
- A desire to grow and learn