Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 product and services globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing companies, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to accelerate innovation, become more agile, and lower costs.
Key job responsibilities
At Amazon Web Services we are leading the cloud revolution. As a Senior Customer Solutions Manager you will take end-to-end ownership of a diverse range of projects and initiatives, utilizing your Program Management skills to interface with and influence a broad range of multi disciplinary teams (sales, solutions architecture, support, product, professional services, partners). You will be a trusted cloud migration advisor to your customer.
You will leverage your consulting, complex program management and technology skills to understand your customer’s strategic business objectives, translate them into an executable plan, and drive the implementation to success by working with the customer, AWS, and our partners. You will understand your customers’ biggest IT and Business challenges, and provide prescriptive guidance, based on AWS best practices, to guide them through the obstacles.
The Senior Customer Solutions Manager role is responsible for cloud transformational programs (technical, operational, organizational, education) that span across traditional IT teams and business units. With a deep understanding of your customer’s business vision, culture and processes, you will be your customer’s voice within AWS, ensuring that their needs are accurately communicated to AWS leadership, product, and engineering teams. You will coach customers on AWS services and support them in adopting the right solution at the right time. You should be passionate about delivering a great customer experience by deploying AWS solutions, driving innovation, and delivering successful migration programs.
Your actions will have to earn the trust of the customer by doing what’s best for them in long term. You will have to communicate confidently at both the executive and project team level, and collaborate with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams, regardless of geographical or organizational boundaries. You will be a natural problem solver with a cool head that can deal with ambiguity and work autonomously to drive results for your customers.
A day in the life
– Lead cloud transformational programs (technical, operational, organizational, education) that span across IT teams and business units
– Being single threaded owner for Migrations and Strategic Initiatives
– Maintain a broad and in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing, to unlock opportunities for customers
– Accelerate customer adoption through education and enablement
– Collaborate with customers in identifying and prioritizing strategic initiatives, support Change Management to facilitate AWS Services adoption and establish new ways of working
– Help shape the rapidly growing Customer Solutions Management function, including defining and implementing new processes, methodologies, and tools
– Manage time efficiently and align and engage required Customer, AWS, and Partner teams to accelerate customer’s cloud journey
– Be a thought leader across Amazon organizations to knowledge share success mechanisms, mentor junior CSMs, and impact industry trends
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
• 8+ years of experience leading large-scale, technical or engineering programs with a proven record of thought leadership, business case development, realizing customer benefits, and successful program completion
• 6+ years of experience in a customer-facing role, engaging with customer executives, technologists and/or partners to solve business problems with advanced technologies
• A history of problem solving and innovation developing technology programs and working across customer organizations
• Self-motivated problem solver who thrives in a dynamic and customer-focused environment
• Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to details
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Experience in a direct or matrixed role leading technical and non-technical transformation project teams with a proven ability to work across broad functional teams
• Direct experience implementing cloud services including migrations and modernization projects
• Knowledge of AWS Services and Solutions is an added bonus – AWS Solution Architect (Associate Level) will be required within 2 months from start date
• Project management certification or training such as PMP, Scrum, or other Agile certification, or equivalent experience
• Experience working with Cloud, Security, AI/ML, Analytics, IoT
• Expertise in delivering large scale migration, modernization and rationalization engagements