The Amazon Web Services Professional Services (AWS ProServe) ASEAN organization is looking for experienced Delivery Practice Managers (DPM) that can manage, develop and guide delivery teams to support customers in their adoption of AWS Cloud solutions. DPMs help Customers make decisions to meet their technical and business objectives by providing best practices, owning delivery of customer engagements, and building and managing high performing specialist service lines. The role includes all aspects of sales support, people management, business operations, relationship development, delivery oversight and program management.
AWS ProServe engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers across all industries.
A DPM focuses on: 1) leading an ASEAN Service Line team of direct reports of AWS data & analytics specialists, managing their project allocation, and career development to grow the team in strategic technology domains, 2) working closely with their in-country sales counterparts to sell and deliver data & analytics projects for our customers, and 3) acting as the local in-country delivery executive sponsor, owning the delivery for our largest and most complex engagements.
DPM candidates come with hands-on experience planning and executing complex data & analytics engagements, architecting and implementing complex Cloud Native platforms, providing consultancy, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, to guide and own the delivery of ProServe engagements.
Key job responsibilities
– Influences and leads customer experience and data & analytics engagements from sales through delivery to produce high quality, scalable outcomes.
– Develops, manages and maintains relationships
– Hires and develops builders capable of driving orchestrated adoption and execution of strategy, operations, and process design on behalf of the customer.
– Influences, negotiates and achieves results through others who are not direct reports.
– Invests in new market segments and establishes and matures cross-functional initiatives that contribute to continuous improvement and accelerated growth across new areas and data & analytics specialty practices.
– Influences and leads the production of frameworks, methods, and best practices, that deliver prescriptive guidance to customers across areas and practices.
– Influences the creation and implementation of scalable mechanisms that improve quality, productivity and efficiency across the organization.
– Enables and leads teams to effectively prioritize, develop and deliver new and reusable assets that differentiate the AWS portfolio in data & analytics.
– Develops and executes the operational plan to achieve go-to-market financial and operational targets across customers, partners, and employees for the area, industry and/or specialty practice that s/he leads.
– Leads team to provide adequate data into agreed set of business tools and processes.
– Enables regular visibility of the performance level versus the plan.
– Establishes and executes strong control and governance that drives operational excellence.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
– BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred
– Experience in influencing C-level leadership, business and technical stakeholders, and peer groups, while driving enterprise-scale portfolios or programs in large organizations
– Highly strategic and analytical, possessing 15+ years of relevant experience in solving business, product, and technical challenges.
– 5+ years of direct people management experience, leading high-performing service line teams including business operations and financial management.
– 10+ years of hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of complex data & analytics strategies and solutions at scale supporting Fortune 500 companies across multiple industries and geographies.
– Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies.
– Proficiency in cloud technology value proposition, principles, and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms, and consumer facing technology.
– A minimum of 3 years working experience in ASEAN region, and ability to travel to customer locations as needed.
– MBA or Master’s in Computer Science.
– IT Professional Services or Consulting practice leadership as a manager; team size 25+ with related goals/KPI’s, focused on technologies involving sales, delivery, partner management, and people development.
– Hands-on technical experience & expertise in technology automation, implementation, integration, and/or deployment.
– Experience building data or machine learning pipelines, incl. deep learning, GenAI, LLM, etc. as well as hands on experience on AWS services like SageMaker and Bedrock.
– AWS certifications, AWS engagement delivery experience or other public cloud certifications.