Provide technical knowledge and solutions on color and material quality issues to suppliers and to ensure all color and material quality processes adhere to adidas standards and requirements. Support and coordinate all LOs to ensure regional alignment on quality management processes and accreditation schemes.
- Drive the consolidation and discussion of field findings from the Asia region and to collaborate with internal parties to improve quality management processes.
- Oversee the execution of Laboratory, Color and Fabric Inspection accreditation schemes between official auditor and suppliers for the region.
- Conduct new material supplier on-site evaluation as well as to provide support to offshore Quality Specialists on technical aspects.
- Comment accurately on color and fastness for materials and trims lab dip, printing as well as bulk production to suppliers in a timely manner to shorten color approval turn time.
- Approve color on site at dye house and work with dyestuff suppliers to achieve quality improvement.
- Conduct style checking for color and fastness deviations and problems.
- Maintain and update A-01 policy including collecting signed documents and testing reports as well as training suppliers to ensure compliance.
- Proactively work with suppliers on continuous improvements in quality management.
- Conduct orientation for new material suppliers and train them on quality and color to ensure adidas standards and requirements are met.
- Support LO and OC with technical expertise on materials and provide solutions for material issues and share learnings.
- Participate in product walkthrough meetings to coordinate efforts between Material Merchandisers and suppliers to highlight any issues that may arise in production and suggest preventative actions.
- Maintain and update material quality procedures and requirements to provide updates to suppliers.
- Coordinate color standard purchasing orders with LO material teams and suppliers in the region and to follow up with payments with local suppliers.
- LO Material
- Technical Service
- Internal Business Partners – LO, PjM, MDI and creation centers at different regions.
- T1 and T2 Suppliers
- 3rd Party Labs
- Dyestuff Suppliers
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Technical knowledge in areas of materials and garment
- Management skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Good MS Office skills
- Ability to make good visual judgment and identification of color
- Solid communication skills
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree or Certificate in Textile or Garment related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in textile or garment manufacturing sector.